We act for major educational institutions and consider ourselves experts in this area of legal practice, we have the privilege to be the preferred legal provider to Bond University on the Gold Coast and our lawyers having advised and acted for the Council of Private Higher Education (COPHE) which represents a number of private educational institutions in Australia .
We can assist educational institutions in matters such as:
- The review of administrative decisions by educational bodies regarding student entry, academic failure, academic exclusion, academic misconduct and general misconduct
- The defense of claims of discrimination against education institutions, normally relating to failure to gain entry, failure and exclusion
- The drafting of agreements relating to Intellectual Property, Joint Ventures, License Agreements, Contractors Agreements
- Workplace Relations and Employment Law matters
- The review of policies and procedures ensuring compliance under the Higher Education Support Act 2003, including obligations under the Tuition Assurance Scheme
Due to our relationships with higher education providers and their representative bodies, we are unable to act for students against such institutions.
Due to our experience in this area of legal practice, and our knowledge of the law, we understand that matters involving claims against education providers, who must present a ‘sandstone’ image matters can not be litigated technically. It is essential that justice not just be done, but seen to be done.
We understand the nature of the education sector, we will discuss a strategy for your matter, and ensure that you understand the risks involved and your chances of success.
We have big firm experience, but our costs are fair and reasonable, and we will always act in your interest and do the best we can to protect your interests. We care about the results.
We have experience in all aspects of the law relating to education, being the preferred legal provider to Bond University and our lawyers having acted previously for the University of Southern Queensland , All Saints Anglican School, the Council of Private Higher Education and other educational institutions.
We not only know the law relevant to educational institutions, we know the practical and commercial challenges to your university, college or school.